Everyone knows that running can help you lose weight. But hardly anyone is aware that there is a real jogging for weight loss. After reading this article, the reasons for the lack of the desired results in many people who have chosen this type of improvement of their figure will become clear.
The advantages of running
By starting jogging, you will do your body invaluable service, filling it with health and strength:
- The blood will be saturated with oxygen;
- The heart and the entire vascular system will be strengthened;
- The bones will become stronger;
- The lungs will increase the vital volume.
While running, breathing and heart rate become more frequent, thus speeding up metabolic processes and burning excess fat. But you can only lose weight with it by doing it right.
An important point:running for 15-20 minutes will not make your figure slimmer, although the healing effect will be noticeable.
It is recommended that you start running two or three times a week, gradually reaching your daily workouts with two days of rest.
And don't use weighting materials, especially for beginners. Such devices are mainly used by athletes to strengthen the leg muscles and increase speed during competition.
So how do you need to perform correctly to improve your fitness.
Types of jogging for weight loss
For a better understanding of the effectiveness of a particular type of running, it is necessary to understand the mechanism of the body's work during various loads:
- Light jogging forces the muscles to take energy from the sugar (glycogen) stored in the liver. It is usually consumed within 40 minutes of such a load. After having breakfast after training, you cannot lose weight, as the lost sugar will come back.
- Running for more than 1 hour causes the body to break down fat. Outwardly, this is determined by heavy breathing and fatigue.
- If you run for more than 1 hour and 15 minutes, energy begins to replenish itself from protein, thus reducing muscle mass.
- During the alternation of fast running with light running and walking, a powerful process of breaking down fat begins.
At the same time, there is a certain pattern: a person with a larger body mass burns more calories.
It follows that it is necessary to jog to lose weight for an hour, but not more than 1 hour and 15 minutes or at intervals.
Interval running information
This type is best suited for busy people who do not have the opportunity to set aside an hour of training time. It consists of alternating fast running and recovery walking. With such a load, certain processes in the body are activated, leading to the burning of fat reserves.
It only takes half an hour to do it. The program consists of 4 phases:
- The first 100-meter walk is performed at a brisk pace, which helps the body prepare for the load.
- For the next 100 meters, do a gentle jog, adjusting your breathing.
- So you have to travel the same distance at maximum speed.
- And again go jogging, restoring breathing.
Repeat all the steps for 30 minutes.
Important:at the end of the workout over the next 6 hours, the human body continues to lose extra pounds.
Information on easy running (jogging)
A recommendation for beginners is not to run high-speed marathons right away. The best way to start training is to walk slowly with a smooth transition to running. As you walk, you can do lunges, squats, and jumps. Some techniques need to be followed:
- Breathe evenly and measuredly by inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth;
- Keep your back straight with a forward look;
- The knees are slightly bent, which will reduce the stress on the joints;
- The arms are bent at the elbows and move along the body.
A little tip for women: on "critical days" if you don't feel well, don't try too hard. Two days of rest won't hurt.
When it comes to nutrition while running, this is also quite an important topic. The goal is to keep energy at the correct level and prevent the toxic effect of lactic acid with ketone bodies.
Since we consider running a means of losing weight, it is permissible to eat before training no later than an hour and a half.
At the same time, you should not lean on cereals and legumes, potatoes and eggplants, mushrooms and cabbage, as well as spinach with radishes. Do not eat fatty and fried foods.
To relieve the kidneys, blood vessels and heart from excessive load, fluid intake must also be limited. The maximum recommended dose is a glass of water or sweet tea half an hour before jogging. But while running, you need to drink in sips - 2 to 3 every 2 km.
At the end of the workout, you need to replenish the depleted carbohydrates with a glass of tomato, apple, grape or citrus juice.
After about 20 - 40 minutes (the time is individual, but not before and not after), you can eat without overeating and without relying on heavy foods.
The best time to run
And of course, you can't help but talk about the best time to train to lose weight. To make the right choice, you need to know the following:
- In the morning, the human body lacks carbohydrates, which makes training energy from body fat necessary. In this case, you should run on an empty stomach.
- Running in the evening will help burn the energy accumulated during the day, melting the fat. This is especially true for office workers who are forced to sit at the computer all the time. To lose weight, it is best to run after a light dinner after at least an hour. And before going to bed, drink low-fat kefir or eat an apple.
As you can see, you can run for weight loss at any time convenient for you - the main thing is right.
Who shouldn't jog?
It is not recommended to start running for people with health problems such as:
- High blood pressure (hypertension);
- Heart disease and coronary heart disease;
- Deformed vertebrae;
- Stomach ulcer and varicose veins;
- Diseases of the endocrine system and bronchial asthma.
Also, you can not train for any ailments in the stage of exacerbation and inflammatory processes. Recent surgery or injuries are also contraindications for running.
Armed with all this knowledge, you can safely do this fascinating type of physical education. The process will be even more enjoyable if you call a friend or a friend for a run.