In the search for a new one, not only diets are used, but also philosophical teachings. For example, with the help of regular yoga practice, you can achieve harmony with the external environment, your surroundings and your body. A new direction in the fight against excess weight opens up the secret knowledge of the inner world and the control of the vital processes responsible for metabolic processes.
The principle of yoga in the fight against excess weight
The most precious thing that can be achieved by practicing yoga is well-being and a healthy psycho-emotional background. This is the best a person can do, because a healthy mind is born in a healthy body. There is now a lot of discussion about the effectiveness of yoga in the fight against weight loss.
Experts note the following changes that have a beneficial effect on weight loss:
- hormonal normalization;
- regulation of the endocrine system;
- suppression of appetite;
- acceleration of metabolic processes;
- improvement of blood circulation.
In addition, regular sessions have a positive effect on the general condition:
- prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- develop flexibility;
- strengthening of muscle tissue;
- relieve stress on the joints;
- strengthen the spine.
But it should be noted that not all areas of yoga contribute to weight loss.
It is more appropriate to use:
- pranayama (daily breathing complex);
- hatha (every morning on an empty stomach);
- ashtanga vinyasa (combined with cardio).
To effectively combat obesity, it is advisable to review the dietary principles, focusing on seafood, lean meats and fresh fruit / vegetables. Fatty, fried and smoked foods will inhibit the weight loss process and the result can be achieved in pounds.
What kind of yoga is best for you
If you decide to use one or more yoga techniques for weight loss, contact an instructor for advice and recommendations. Also, you can watch video tutorials that thoroughly introduce the technique of performing the exercises.
You can choose one of the types of yoga to lose weight:
- Ashtanga Vinyasais energetic and requires some physical fitness. Exercise uses energy blocks to help redistribute energy throughout the body. Regular practice has a positive effect on mental health and clarity.
- Hatharepresents the classic trend of yoga. The key principles are awareness and relaxation. As you perform each exercise, you need to turn on your consciousness and feel each element. An important task of the technique is considered to be the victory over your body without any violence. Relaxing the muscles allows for smooth movements without pain. But they come to this gradually, through regular training.
- Kundaliniinvolves exercise in combination with proper breathing. In the process of action, a person is immersed in meditation. The duration of meditation can vary from 3 minutes to 2. 5 hours. If you master this technique, a person understands a feeling of joy and contentment, which completely discourages thoughts about food.
- Vishrantainvolves working more with thoughts than with the body. In the process of practice, pacification, peace, physical relaxation are achieved. The technique relieves stress, depression and obsessive thoughts.
- Nidrais a bit like a visranta. To perform, you will need to fully relax in a pose with a muscle stretch. The body remains motionless for a long time. During exercise, brain activity works. The technique eliminates fears, psycho-emotional blocks. During the session, thoughts are concentrated on some images.
What you need for the classes
Before starting to master the technique, it is recommended to consult a doctor to rule out contraindications. Tips and at least introductory lessons from the trainer will also be helpful. After that, a room is selected for conducting classes. This could be a corner of the living room. The main thing is that loud sounds and families do not interfere during the session. During the warmer months, you can do the exercises outdoors. Sunshine and grass are a great addition to your business.
Many exercises are performed in a lying and sitting position. For convenience, use a rug or mat. Clothing should be light and elastic, allowing for free stretching. You don't have to put anything on your feet. Yoga involves the unity of one's energy and earthly.
When running various items, additional inventory may be required:
- a support block that helps beginners master difficult asanas;
- strap for easier stretching.
Videos and tutorials will be no less useful in home practice. To immerse yourself in the atmosphere corresponding to the philosophical teachings, mantras and aromatherapy are necessary.
To understand at least the basics, it is necessary to master the technique and strictly follow some rules:
- Before conducting classes, you need to do wet cleaning in the room and ventilate it.
- Prepare a rug or mat for exercise on the floor.
- Don't eat before classes, as well as don't eat right after the end.
- Sessions should be held every day for at least 15 minutes.
- Breathe through your nose only during exercise.
- Relaxation elements are recommended for post-menstrual workouts.
- Pregnant women can only include light exercises in the complex.
- Beginners should evaluate their fitness level and age. Consultation with a trainer will be appropriate. Older people are more suited to hatha yoga and therapeutic areas. Ashtanga Vinyasa is recommended for energetic young women.
- When composing a training program, it is necessary to provide for a gradual increase in load: from simple to complex elements.
- If you experience severe or intense pain during exercise, postpone the exercise. If necessary, consult a doctor.
- To use yoga for weight loss, consistency is important, so don't put off sessions. The regularity of detention can be based on the operating mode: every other day, 3 times a week, every day, etc.
A series of exercises to lose weight
Body position, standing on the mat with hands down and feet together. Straightened posture. You have to stand for a few seconds. At this point, the abdomen is lifted, which causes the abdominal muscles to work. (All asanas that are performed in a standing position start from this position).
From a standing position, fold your arms across your chest like an Indian salute and bend one leg, placing your foot inside the knee joint of the other leg. Raise your arms above your head and stand for a few seconds. Change your body position by switching legs. When changing positions, the hands should be lowered to the chest.
From a standing position, jump with your legs and arms to the sides. The legs should be in a position that is wider than shoulder level. Rotate the right foot to the right, it should take a direction perpendicular to the left foot. Without bending the knees, bend to the right, trying to touch the right foot with the fingers of the right hand.
It is correct if the palm rests on the floor. At the same time, raise your left hand, turn your head, directing your gaze to the fingers of your left hand. Remain standing for a few seconds. Further, the body takes its original position and changes its position, but with a left turn.
Sit down from a prone position on the mat. Stretch your arms forward, start leaning towards your legs. You need to grab your feet with your fingers, without bending your knees. Lower the head, pressing the chin on the breastbone. Fix the element for a few seconds and return to the lying position. Repeat the exercise several times until you have enough resistance. Do not endure severe pain.
From a prone position, raise your legs and body to the "birch" position. Support your back with your hands, straighten your legs. Freeze the item for 1 minute to get started.
Starting position - sitting on the mat with your legs and arms apart. Bend the right leg and fix the foot on the outer thigh of the left leg (in the crotch region). Bend your body straight, grabbing your left foot with your right hand. Put your left hand behind your back. At the same time, try not to bend your left leg.Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat the same steps, but switching sides.
All exercises are repeated 3-5 times in the initial phase. The holding time of the pose should gradually increase. You don't have to endure sharp pain. The body will soon get used to the stretching movements and it will be possible to introduce more complex elements.
How many kg can you lose weight
In combination with proper nutrition, it is guaranteed that you can get rid of 4-8 kg in the first month. At the same time, it is not necessary to exhaust yourself with heavy physical exertion and a feeling of hunger.
The process of splitting fat cells deposited in different parts of the body, if all the rules are respected, will begin from the third week.
In the first 14 days, the body gets rid of excess fluid, which in weight values significantly exceeds the indicators of fat. Therefore, in the first 2 weeks, you can throw up to 10 kg, and in the following weeks the result will be minus 1-2 kg.
Advantages and disadvantages
- stabilization of the inner world and the work of the internal organs;
- gradual weight loss prevents weight gain;
- is suitable for any age; The
- exercises aim at flexibility and strengthening of the thoracic corset;
- normalizes the psycho-emotional mood;
- improves the functioning of internal organs and vital systems.
- the result of weight loss is gradual and not fast;
- hard to find motivation;
- it is impossible to get results without mastering the technique.
- disorders of internal organs;
- ARI, ARVI;
- oncological diseases;
- traumatic brain injury.
Pregnant and nursing women should be postponed. It is also not recommended to practice the exercises during rehabilitation after suffering serious injuries or surgery.
I have been doing Kundalini Yoga for 5 months and recently I started mastering hatha. I like doing muscle stretching exercises. After 2 weeks of training, the pain in the knee joints disappeared. I started putting on heels again, which for 8 years I couldn't wear for more than 10 minutes. During class, I didn't notice how my favorite things got 1 and then 2 sizes bigger. My result in such a short period of time is minus 12 kg. But more surprising is the excellent state of health and the absence of migraines.
I have been practicing Hatha Yoga since the second year. I started practicing after giving birth which was very difficult and weakened my health. Now I feel great. Thanks to a series of exercises, the figure is in perfect condition. I advise everyone to try to find harmony with their body and with those around them.
I was skeptical of my husband's advice to try yoga for weight loss. He has been doing it for 7 years, I love photography more than I earn a living. Dynamics, creativity and creativity have always been my companions. And then yoga: calm, balance and well-being and everything in between. . . Nonsense, I thought. It's been six months and now I understand what I was missing. Harmony and prudence settled in my heart. And thanks to the hatha, the figure gradually began to acquire a decent shape. Of course, yoga is not a diet, you can't lose a lot of weight at once in a month. But there was no return for my losses either.