Protein is an essential element for the normal functioning of the organism, it is responsible for the synthesis of hormones and enzymes responsible for metabolism, it is considered the main building material of new cells. Many diets limit the intake of protein foods, so a person begins to experience health problems. However, protein diets for rapid weight loss are not such, because they are based on such products.
The role of proteins in the body
Proteins are considered to be very important nutrients in the human body. During the digestion process, they are converted into amino acids, which are necessary for normal muscle growth, maintenance of a healthy state and an active life. If they are in small quantities in the human body, this indicates changes in hormone levels, chronic fatigue or liver problems. Protein is especially necessary for people who link their life to sports activities, as they are the main material for building beautiful relief.
General principles of nutrition
When observing a protein diet for weight loss, it is necessary to divide every 3 hours, eating small portions, so that the feeling of hunger does not arise. The diet should contain high protein foods, which include: fish, tofu cheese, dairy, seafood, and so on. If the menu contains carbohydrate products, they are allowed only with a low glycemic index.
When on a protein diet, the following cooking rules must be adhered to:
- To dress salads, use only handmade sauces. It is recommended to replace the mayonnaise with soy sauce and use kefir to season vegetables.
- When making a vegetable stew, it is important to add spices, it is recommended to use the following: ground ginger, oregano and curry. The selected spices should be added in small quantities, as they should only be present in the dish to emphasize the taste of the vegetables.
- When cooking meat products, it is recommended to use the following spices as an additive: bay leaf, garlic, sweet peas.
- Fruits in the diet are recommended to be raw.
- Use as drinks: tea, coffee, freshly squeezed juices, fruit drinks and fruit drinks.
The duration of the protein diet should not exceed more than two weeks, ideally it is recommended to adhere to such a diet from 1 week to 10 days. This recommendation is given not to create a refill on the liver. The break must be at least 4 months. A 10-day protein diet is the most popular option.
Advantages and disadvantages
The benefits include:
- the high efficiency of such nutrition allows you to lose up to 10 kilograms, and in case of obesity, much more;
- short adherence period;
- during the diet, there will be no overwhelming desire to eat anything, unlike other diets;
- the result obtained after the diet persists for a long time;
- the diet insists on doing some kind of physical activity, such as: fitness, various exercises at home, visit to the gym;
- the diet will be varied;
- you can independently choose the recipes for the dishes you eat.
The disadvantages of a high-protein diet for weight loss include:
- such nutrition exerts a significant load on internal organs, especially the kidneys due to the consumption of a large amount of protein products;
- due to the high consumption of proteins, an imbalance of minerals and vitamins necessary for the body occurs;
- adherence to a diet can cause digestive system disorders;
- there is a risk of a possible water imbalance in the body;
- such a diet can exacerbate chronic diseases and increase blood pressure.
- disorders of the musculoskeletal system;
- lactation period;
- disorders of the digestive system;
- any irregularities in the work of the kidneys;
- liver disease;
- period of pregnancy of the child;
- disorders of the cardiovascular system.
There are various protein weight loss diets developed by various specialists.
The difficulty of losing weight while adhering to a protein-carbohydrate diet is that when you limit the calorie content of foods, not fat is burned, but muscle tissue.
This diet food consists of 3 phases:
- Protein cycle. It usually takes 2 to 3 days. Due to the loss of glycogen due to the lack of carbohydrates in the diet, the body begins to gradually burn fat tissue. It acts like a day of fasting.
- Carbohydrate cycle. It takes 1 to 2 days and during this time the human body is replenished with the main source of energy - carbohydrates.
- Mixed cycle. Within 24 hours, a person will eat a moderate diet, both proteins and carbohydrates are added to the menu.
In this diet, fish and meat are present in the diet in balanced quantities with vegetables and fruit, while the consumption of carbohydrates is reduced, and fats and proteins are present in the menu in unlimited quantities. Already in the first 14 days you can lose 3 to 5 kilograms.
The main goal of the diet, developed by the nutritionist Ducan, is to minimize carbohydrates, only proteins are present in the diet, and to improve digestion, bran is included in the diet. The technique is divided into 4 stages, each with individual length. The diet is quite effective and after 5 days you can notice a weight loss of 3-5 kilograms.
The basic rule of this diet is to alternate days of protein and carbohydrates. It allows you to lose about 7 kilograms of weight in 10 days, and in some cases someone can get rid of as much as 10. You will have to eat 5 times a day, which will allow you not to feel hungry.
Recommendations for adhering to this diet food:
- on a protein day, you will need to drink 1 glass of warm water on an empty stomach, and for breakfast eat a hard-boiled chicken egg and herbs, which can be used as: celery, dill or parsley;
- before 15: 00, you must eat skinless boiled chicken and you will need to eat at least 800 grams of meat per day, divided into several meals;
- in a day of carbohydrates, you can eat up to 5 kilograms of vegetables in total.
What can you eat?
If you decide to adhere to a protein diet, first of all, you should familiarize yourself with the list of allowed and prohibited foods in order to further compose the correct diet.
A protein diet implies what you can and cannot eat - the list of foods is presented below:
- low-fat meat;
- soft and hard cheeses;
- vegetable oil;
- cereals, as an additive to soups;
- offal: kidneys, liver, chicken giblets, tongue and others;
- egg white;
- dried fruit;
- low-fat dairy products.
How to choose meat
Lean meat is the main protein content, which is why it should be included in the diet while following this diet. It is recommended to give preference to the following meat products: duck, chicken, lamb, beef and turkey.
The following types of meat products should be excluded from the diet:
- canned meat;
- smoked meat.
- Mix a tablespoon of walnuts with a tablespoon of honey and add the resulting mixture to a glass with 200 grams of kefir.
- For cooking, you will need to take 130 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon of bran, any fruit and 130 grams of low-fat cooked milk.
- In 250 grams of milk, add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, any fruit, 1 pinch of cinnamon and 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese.
- In 150 grams of kefir, you will need to mix the following ingredients: cocoa 1 tablespoon, bran 1 tablespoon and 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese.
Sample menu for a week
Protein diet for weight loss in the form of a menu for the week:
- Breakfast. Tea or coffee with low-fat cottage cheese in the amount of 200 grams.
- The lunch. 1 large orange.
- Dinner. Risk of browning in small quantities with boiled chicken fillet.
- Snack. Protein drink.
- Dinner. Boiled fish fillet with vegetable salad.
- Breakfast. Tea and 2 hard boiled eggs.
- The lunch. 1 large apple.
- Dinner. Baked chicken breast in the amount of 100 grams with a small piece of rye bread.
- Snack. A glass of plain yogurt.
- Dinner. Baked pollock with vegetable salad.
- Breakfast. Buckwheat porridge with milk and coffee.
- The lunch. Banana.
- Dinner. Cheese soup with a small piece of black bread.
- Snack. Protein drink.
- Dinner. 200 grams of lamb in the oven with vegetable salad.
- Breakfast. Chicken omelette and unsweetened tea.
- The lunch. Grapefruit and apple.
- Dinner. Spinach soup with crusty bread.
- Snack. Cottage cheese without additives.
- Dinner. 150 grams of grilled fish and fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast. 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, coffee.
- The lunch. 2 sugar-free cheesecakes.
- Dinner. Liver in sour cream with vegetable salad.
- Snack. Ricotta soufflé.
- Dinner. Two egg omelette, fresh tomato.
- Breakfast. A couple of oatcakes and a glass of fermented cooked milk.
- The lunch. Apple.
- Dinner. Vegetable broth, 150 grams of chicken breast, a slice of wholemeal bread.
- Snack. Milk jelly.
- Dinner. Boiled beef in the amount of 150 grams with coleslaw.
- Breakfast. Oat pancakes with tea.
- The lunch. Two tangerines.
- Dinner. Chicken cutlets with 200 grams of asparagus.
- Snack. Protein drink.
- Dinner. 200 grams of steamed fish, fresh vegetables.
How to get out
When the protein diet for 4 weeks in the form of a menu is finished and the desired result is achieved, this does not mean that you should eat all the next day. If you do, the lost weight will come back and all previous efforts will be in vain. To prevent this from happening, diet food should be phased out gradually.
To consolidate the results, you should get used to sugar-free tea and coffee, and also not to eat flour and sweets in large quantities, do not eat too much fatty foods. It is recommended that you drink a glass of water every time before breakfast and eat low-fat oatmeal or cottage cheese. Vegetables can be eaten in any form other than frying. Also, the first time after leaving the diet, you should not eat potatoes and gradually introduce your usual diet into the diet.
Why might the diet not work?
Numerous studies have shown that with the correct implementation of the conditions of the diet, it unequivocally gives results in reducing body weight. However, there are cases when the numbers on the scales at the end of the observance of such a diet will not like or decrease at all.
The reason can lie in several things. Firstly, this can happen in the case of a person's extremely low physical activity, while consuming a fairly large amount of food. In this case the energy accumulated by the food will not be spent and the kilograms cannot be burned in any way.
Secondly, the reason may lie in the slow metabolism. First of all, these people should improve their metabolism and then try to stick to the diet again.
And the last factor in the absence of the desired result may be the presence of constipation. Bowel dysfunction should be treated, the diet adjusted accordingly, and medical treatment sought if necessary.
Some may think that the protein menu is very limited and monotonous, but they can actually be used to prepare a wide variety of delicious meals for a protein diet.
A detailed way to make spinach puree soup:
- Boil the chicken breast in 0. 5 liters of water until tender.
- Without draining the broth, take the meat.
- Wait for the meat to cool and cut it into pieces.
- Chop the frozen spinach.
- Add the chopped spinach to the broth, cook for 5 minutes;
- Pour the chicken into the broth.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of milk and beat with a blender.
- Add spices to taste, you can use basil or nutmeg.
- Boil the selected meat.
- Wait for it to cool and cut into pieces.
- Pour 50 grams of cheese into the broth and add 3 diced egg whites.
- Cook for 10 minutes and add the pieces of meat.
Liver in sour cream:
- Separate 500 grams of liver from the veins.
- Grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
- Fry the vegetables until golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- Add the raw liver and a little water.
- Cook until cooked through, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes.
- Scroll half a pound of chicken breast through a meat grinder.
- You will need to add 100 grams of grated cheese to the resulting minced meat.
- Add the raw egg.
- Add the spices.
- Form the cutlets with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix half a glass of milk with 4 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Add the egg.
- Cook in a non-stick pan.
- Bring 500 ml of milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Before the milk boils, add 5 chopped strawberries.
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of fast-acting gelatin in milk.
- Mix the contents thoroughly.
- Pour into molds.
- Send in the refrigerator until it has solidified
- First review, girl, 25: "The protein diet came in handy after completing breastfeeding. First, I found the" 14 Day Protein Diet with Menu "food option and started sticking to it to lose weight . The extra 5 kilograms gained during pregnancy went away in just a week and a half. It was easy to stick to the rules, and since I'm a huge lover of protein foods, I was just happy that I was able to get results without much effort. After all, you could eat almost anything I love. "
- Second review, woman, 31 years old: "In the process of adherence I realized that a protein diet is not really mine. I can hardly stand it, as in life I am not a huge fan of poultry meat. Chicken breast in the The last few days of the diet practically brought tears to my eyes. However, my efforts were justified, as by the summer I was able to acquire the parameters I wanted. "
- Third review, female, 41: "I have a huge number of failed experiments with diets that have ruined my health well. But when I stumbled upon a protein diet, I immediately noticed a difference from the rest. It requires no strict restrictions on quantity. of food consumed, the main condition is that the basis of the diet should be protein. At the same time, the body received enough energy and I could live normally without severe restrictions. And at the end of the diet, I was very satisfied with the figure on the scale, which she dropped by 6 kilograms and they didn't come back even after two years. "