The Ducan diet has consistently topped the lists of the best eating patterns. Almost every third who lost weight tried to stick to it. It has many critical reviews due to the need for strict control over diet adherence. But the statistics show that almost everyone who sat on it lost a lot of excess weight and never gained it again.
The Dukan diet was developed by French nutritionist Pierre Dukan. It took him almost 40 years to carry out all the necessary research and present the final result of his work to the general public. An individual method of losing weight, created by a doctor, became very popular and in demand almost immediately.
The essence and principles of the Ducan diet
The main essence of the diet is the division of the entire weight loss period into 4 stages, each of which has a different diet.
The basic principles of the Ducan diet are based on the following:
- Exclude fatty meat from the diet.
- Eat chicken, turkey. Fish should also not contain a lot of fat.
- Low-fat dairy products are allowed. Natural yogurt with fruit additives is allowed.
- Sugar and salt - strictly to a minimum, but various natural sweeteners and spices are not excluded.
- For each stage, only a certain list of products is characteristic.
- Vegetables must be boiled, steamed or grilled.
- It is essential to drink up to 2 liters of natural drinking water per day.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of oat bran daily in the morning.
Important!Starchy vegetables such as potatoes and some legumes are not recommended for steaming.
Where to start
Before starting a diet, you definitely need to prepare yourself for a positive result. You can watch a motivating movie or read the reviews of those who have managed to lose all those extra pounds thanks to the Ducan menu.
In addition to the motivation, it is important to consult a doctor or dietician. It may be possible to identify some diseases, due to which this method of losing weight is not suitable for a person individually.
Stages of the Dukan protein diet
Losing weight with the Ducan diet is necessary in 4 stages, which have the following names:
- Alternation (also called Cruise).
The first stage "Attack" is the shortest, its duration depends on the initial weight of the weight loss. If you need to lose up to 5 kg of excess weight, the "Attack" should be extended by only 2 days, from 5 to 10 kg - by 3, from 10 to 20 kg - 5, from 20 to 30 kg - a week. When the excess is more than 30 kg, the duration of the internship will be 10 days.
The second phase "Alternanza" is the basis of the Ducan diet. Its duration also depends on the excess weight. It is necessary to adhere to the nutritional phase until the losing weight reaches the required weight. On average, the "Alternation" or "Cruise" period lasts from 2 to 6 months.
The duration of the third "Consolidation" phase depends on the number of pounds thrown away. Each kilogram lost corresponds to 10 days of the phase.
It is recommended that you make the fourth "Stabilization" phase a habit for the rest of your life, as it helps you keep your weight normal and stay healthy.
Phase description and rules
First, the body must be prepared to reduce the diet, then the weight loss process begins, after which it is necessary to consolidate the result and get used to a new lifestyle without harmful products.
During the attack period, the body must be adjusted to destroy fat. You can eat at any time of the day, but only certain foods.
Meat and fish should be boiled or steamed. It is allowed to add vanilla powder or coconut to yogurt.
Alternate or Cruise
The cruise includes alternating vegetable and protein days. You can alternate them from 1 to 5 days. Nutritionists recommend sticking to a 1/1 or 2/2 regimen. As a protein, you can consume products of the attack phase and low-fat curd, kefir.
Important!The consumption of potatoes, rice, peas, avocados and cereals is strictly prohibited.
Docking or consolidation
A more benevolent phase in which Ducan's menu allows indulgences. Once every 7-10 days, you can arrange regular days and eat whatever you want in moderation. But at the same time, during the same period, it is necessary to spend 1 day of unloading, completely protein.
Rice, peas, pasta, potatoes and beans can only be eaten twice a week. Cheese and bread also need to be reduced.
Pierre Dukan recommends sticking to the stabilization phase menu for life. This nutrition allows you to form a correct lifestyle without problems.
The fundamental principles of the fourth phase:
- Drink up to 2 liters per day. clean water.
- Be active, walk in the fresh air for half an hour a day.
- Take a day of protein fasting once a week.
- Start every morning with 3 tbsp. L. oatmeal
Table of approved products for each stage
|Diet phase||Permitted products|
|Stabilization||You can eat anything, but in moderation. However, it is recommended that you completely switch to proper nutrition.|
Sample menu for every day for all stages
Description of an example of a weekly menu for all phases of the Ducan diet:
Belkovo - vegetable day:
|anchor||The menu is almost identical to the ration of the rotation phase. Now you can eat pasta 2 times a week, boil potatoes in their skins or cook soups with them.|
|Stabilization||Any recipes based on natural products for proper nutrition.|
Note!You can independently develop a menu for each day of the Dukan diet.
Recipes of dishes
The Ducan Diet boasts a wide variety of recipes. All of them are prepared only from permitted foods included in the diet.
The soup requires the following ingredients:
- 500 ml of chicken broth;
- 1 smoked chicken leg;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. L. oat bran;
- half a teaspoon of vegetable oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- spices and salt to taste.
It should be prepared like this:
- Finely chop the onion.
- Lightly grease a pan with oil to brown the onions a little.
- Remove the skin from the ham, separate the meat from the bones and cut them into small pieces.
- Pour the broth over the fried onions and add the oat bran and meat.
- Bring everything to a boil over low heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add the turmeric, spices and salt if needed and mix.
Note!If the smoked ham is already salted, then it is better not to salt the broth.
Cottage cheese casserole
The diet casserole is prepared without sugar and salt, ideal for the protein day of the Alternate phase.
The following ingredients are needed:
- 500 g of low-fat cottage cheese (non-granular);
- 4 chicken eggs;
- sugar substitute.
The step-by-step preparation of low calorie sugar looks like this:
- Mash the curd and mix it with the eggs.
- Dip the sweetener tablets with a little water and add them to the curd mass, mix.
- Grease a pan with a piece of butter.
- Arrange the curd in an even layer and bake for half an hour at 170 ° C.
Note!To prevent the saucepan from burning and sticking to the pan, you can sprinkle the bran on the mold.
The mayonnaise for the attack is prepared with the following products:
- 3 raw egg yolks;
- 100 ml of vaseline oil;
- 1 teaspoon mustard;
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (can be replaced with wine);
- a few drops of lemon juice;
- a pinch of salt;
- half a tablet of sugar substitute.
According to the algorithm, it is necessary:
- Beat the egg yolks with the salt.
- Add the sugar substitute and mix.
- Slowly for 1 tsp. pour the liquid paraffin, mixing gradually.
- While continuing to beat the mixture, pour in the vinegar and lemon juice.
Another variation of Du mayonnaise is suitable for the attack phase. For him you will need:
- 300 ml of low-fat yogurt without additives (can be replaced with dietary curd);
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks;
- 1 teaspoon mustard;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
You need to cook it like this:
- Grind the yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Add salt and mustard with pepper, mix again.
Pierre Ducan's vegetable diet for meat intolerance
Vegetarians will find it difficult to stick to the Ducan diet, especially on protein days. However, there is an effective method of transferring it without interruption: replacing animal proteins with plant ones. Soy will help a lot here. In the third stage, it is necessary to increase the amount of vegetables in the diet.
During the attack period, rapid weight loss of 2 to 7 kg occurs. In the second stage, all excess mass is expelled, as this is the goal facing the alternation stage. In the last stages, the result is consolidated, so 1-2 kg can go away.
The Dukan diet has many contraindications, therefore, before using it, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Note!Although this nutritional method was compiled by a doctor, it has received a lot of critical reviews from other specialists and nutritionists.
Its contraindications are:
- disruption of the kidneys and liver;
- the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- hormonal disruption and disruption of the endocrine system;
- old age or adolescence;
- period of pregnancy or lactation;
- allergy to vegetable proteins or lactose.
Advantages and disadvantages
Losing weight with Dr. Pierre Ducan's diet has many benefits:
- There are no strict restrictions on the amount of food consumed.
- A balanced and varied diet.
- Rapid weight loss in the first phase, which motivates to continue the diet further.
- A healthy gradual weight loss and a long fixing period will not allow you to gain the lost pounds again.
This technique revealed the following disadvantages:
- The function of the liver and kidneys deteriorates.
- The metabolism slows down.
- Appetite is suppressed, as a result of which there is constant fatigue and sleepiness.
- Due to the excessive production of ketone bodies, an unpleasant odor is emitted from the mouth.
- The appearance of constipation.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Ducan Diet
Despite a detailed description of each phase of the Ducan diet, people still have many questions.
What is dangerous?
Pierre Ducan's diet can be dangerous if the person who is losing weight has had disruptions in the work of certain organs and body systems and has not been consulted by a doctor. In other cases, such food cannot cause serious harm to the body.
Can i use during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Pregnant and nursing women should not adhere to this diet. The menu of the Ducan diet for every day can not provide the body with all the necessary nutrients and vitamins. And during the days of hard fasting, stress and fatigue come, which can be harmful to young mothers.
Is alcohol possible?
Alcohol is not recommended, but it can be used in food preparation.
Note!Alcohol has a high calorie content and is unhealthy. In addition, the intoxication of the body reduces the motivational mood of slimming, as it reduces its strength, will and desire for something.
Is it possible honey?
The Dukan food system prohibits eating not only honey, but also dried fruits with nuts. They contain high levels of glucose, like some types of berries.
What bran to use
The most useful are oat bran, the use of which should start every day. This is a simple but effective way to start your metabolism, which slows down during any diet.
What is COM
COM stands for skimmed milk powder. It is difficult to find in regular stores, but is often used in the preparation of diet products of the Ducan diet.
What to do in case of failure
Since the diet is quite tough, it will be very difficult for people who are just starting to lose weight to get used to it. You should not give up in case of breakdowns, you just need to continue eating according to the scheme, as if there was no violation. However, it will be necessary to add an additional day of the stage where the overeating occurred.
Note!In the event of a breakdown, it will be useful to increase the force load to lose the accumulated calories.
Dukan food can rightfully be considered the "queen" of all diets. Over the years of its existence, it has helped thousands of desperate overweight people lose weight. Despite the negative reviews of doctors, ordinary people who have tried it indicate the effectiveness of the technique. It will take a lot of patience and willpower to hold out for the entire required period, but the results will pay off with interest.